Daily fantasy sports for golf will hit a new high this week, as The Masters takes centerstage, and sites are offering huge DFS contests for the action at Augusta.
DFS for The Masters
The Masters starts on Thursday morning, so entries need to be in today or before tee times start early tomorrow. In order to enter, all you need to do is pick golfers in a salary cap format, and watch your players perform this week.
Here’s a look at the contests you can enter:
The most money for DFS golf can be found at DraftKings, including the ridiculously huge draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/4450031">Millionaire Maker. That event features a guaranteed prize pool of $2.2 million, and $1 million of that will go to the tournament’s winner.
With over 80,000 entries already, it appears this contest will hit its cap of more than 129,000. So if you plan on playing, get your lineup in on Wednesday.
Other events include:
- A $250,000 contest with a buy-in of $5,300. With 30 entries and a max of 50, it appears this one has a good chance of selling out, as well.
- A $200,000 contest with a buy-in of $300. With well less than half the field filled so far, this one could be headed for an overlay.
- A $100,000 contest with a buy-in of $3. There are still a lot of entries to go for this one to sell out, but with the relatively low buy-in, we’re guessing this one hits its guarantee.
- There are a variety of smaller contests, with wide ranges of buy-ins featured in contests that guarantee up to $50,000.
Deadline for DraftKings’ contests is 7:45 a.m. Eastern, right before the first tee time. Players select six different golfers to fill out their fantasy roster.
There are three big contests being held at DraftDay this week:
- A $109 buy-in that guarantees $10,000. The contest is currently 60 percent full.
- A $5,000 GPP with a $27 buy-in. This one looks like it will sell out on Wednesday.
- A $3.30 buy-in guaranteeing $2,000. It’s only about a third full now, but another contest that has a low buy-in and will likely hit its cap, eventually.
- There are many other contests that feature small fields or allow players to double or triple their buy-ins.
Players select six different golfers to fill out their fantasy roster.
The second biggest contest for The Masters comes at Victiv, as the DFS site will host a $30,000 guaranteed contest, with a buy-in of $200.
There are also two smaller buy-in events: a $5,000 GPP event for $20, and a $1,000 for $2.
All of these appear to be headed toward filling up, so get your entries in on Wednesday.
DFS players select seven golfers to fill out their rosters in these contests.